IS Manager – Dublin
Top Oil has a vacancy for an IS Manager. The position is based in central Dublin with ample free parking. You will have great attention to detail and are the sort of person who does not give up until they have solved the problem in front of them. If you are an experienced IS manager looking for an opportunity to influence IT Strategy, please apply!
Job Title: IS Manager
Reporting to: Group ICT Manager
Working closely with ICT Manager, IT Projects Manager, IT Staff and external contractors.
Primary Purpose of Job:
To ensure that all keys systems are available and operating efficiently to all sectors of our business including managing 3rd party service providers & vendors. Manage technical team & support desk.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Manage IT technical team (currently 3) to ensure we meet and address all IT requirements from the business in the most effective and efficient manner possible
Offering users appropriate support and advice
Responsible for mentoring, managing and developing ICT support staff including performance appraisal, recruitment, training and development etc.
Manage the effectiveness of 3rd party managed service provider’s
Management of external IT suppliers across the organisation
Strategy & Planning
Maintain organisation’s IT effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering and supporting strategic plans for all business systems
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems
- Researching and installing new systems
- Ensure the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, email provision in a secure environment away from internal and external attack.
- Ensuring that Top Oil and users adhere to software licensing laws;
- Develop, document and implement policies and procedures for IT systems and associated data.
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Keeping current with new emerging technologies
- IT Governance
- Experience of implementing and ensuring compliance with good IT governance practices
Relationship with Other Jobs / Internal Customers
- Liaise effectively with other members of the IT team
- Liaise effectively with staff throughout Top Oil
Person Specification:Experience and Knowledge
Work experience and qualifications:
A proven track record in IS Management with a minimum of 3-5+ experience of a management role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. A 3rd level qualification (at least degree level) in IS/IT or its equivalent is expected and other relevant qualifications are desirable.
People / Management
Experience of managing similar size technical teams and delivering multi-faceted IT projects
Knowledge and experience of the following technologies: ERP – JDEdwards OneWorld (AS/400). VMWare, Citrix Xen, MS Exchange & Office 365, SQL server, Veeam backup/replication, LAN/WAN networking, Foritnet Firewalls, IP telephony (Shoretel)
Microsoft Server technologies
Large multisite data network
- Proven ability to build consensus and lead an effective team
- Ability to deliver and work under pressure
- Problem solver
- Ability to develop innovative and workable solutions to problems
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Able to deal effectively with staff members at every level / area in the company
- Must be self-motivated, who works well both individually and in teams
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to supplement own skills through research in addition to training courses provided
Skills and Abilities
Communications – Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally
Business Acumen – Clear understanding of the role IT / IS has in the business to improve customer service, to ensure compliance with legislation and governance, to establish service continuity and availability for your colleagues, to manage (IT-related) business risks and to improve and maintain business process functionality
Project Management – Plan and manage projects and capable of determining time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources. Capable of handling more than one project at a time
Judgment and Decision Making – A decisive and effective decision maker and problem solver with sound judgement who is able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data
Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work
Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively
Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related material and information to develop and evaluate options and implement the best solution
As the company has locations across Ireland, there will be some travel involved therefore own transport and a full driving licence is required. Appropriate mileage will be paid.
As the business operates 7 days a week, there will be some requirement to provide cover or be on call outside of normal working hours.
Directly reporting to the Group ICT Manager. The criteria applied will be the contents of this job description, agreed specific and qualitative objectives and established behavioural standards.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME