Sales Rep – Cavan/Monaghan Area
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Sales Representative. If you are an experienced and energetic Sales Professional looking for an opportunity to join the largest Irish Oil Company please apply!
Maintain and increase sales across the Cavan & Monaghan area ensuring that budgeted profits and volumes are met and surpassed.
Provide a high level of service to customers.
Ensure credit and margin management on all accounts
Main Duties: Sales
Maintain and increase budgeted sales to existing customers to include:
- Agri Commercial customers – farmers, purchasing groups etc.
- Other Commercial – haulage, general business, nursing homes etc.
- Fuel card customers.
- Domestic customers.
- Institutional heating oil users – schools.
Introduce new commercial and domestic sales in line with agreed annual targets.
- Develop sales campaigns to build a database of prospects.
- Convert these prospects to customers.
- Credit – implement credit policy and guidelines.
- Existing customers – ensure customers pay to terms and resolve any credit issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Margins – ensure margins are reviewed and maintained on a regular basis.
Develop our Top Network Fuel Card business
- Introduce new Top Network Fuel Card customers.
- Locate new fuel card locations in Cavan and Monaghan.
- Increase card sales at existing locations.
- Source new retail outlets and reseller business in the area.
- Maintain and develop reseller channel for the area.
Main Duties: Other
- Identify and progress marketing opportunities in your area.
- Participate in all promotional events and ensure results are measured
- Maintain a professional approach in all your dealings, ensuring that all queries are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner
- Treat customers as business partners promoting a culture of customer service, carried out on a win/win basis for customers and TOP
- Maintain good relations with existing customers.
- Promote the company, its service and products at all times
Relationships with Other Jobs
- Develop a very good team spirit with all Top Oil colleagues
- Work in association with the Credit Control Manager.
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly way with all internal customers.
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience of at least three years in a Sales or Sales Development role or related role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. Experience in the oil industry is desirable but not essential.
- Sales & Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques and sales control systems, customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Business Acumen – Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the TOP Oil businesses.
- Customer and Personal Service — Customer focused with the ability to understand customer requirements, with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services and creating loyalty. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Sales Representative will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Sales Representative will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards or objectives, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Be courteous, professional and persistent.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with focus on representing Top Oil in the most effective way.
- Ability to work flexibly when required by the business.
Skills and Abilities
The Sales Representative will possess all of the following attributes:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Persuasion & Negotiation – Good numerical skills allied to being skilled at persuading others to change their mind or to buy.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships— Outgoing and personable, the Sales Representative will be adept at developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
- Performing IT, Organisational & Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks effectively in order to manage your work.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASK AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
To Apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]