Sales and Depot Administration Support in Castlebar (6 month contract)
Main Purpose of Job:
To support the Depot Manager in Sales, Marketing, Administration and Operations
Sales: to assist maximising the level of sales by:
- Maintaining good relations with existing customers
- Working with sales staff to ensure that as many calls as possible are converted to sales
- Working with the Depot Manager to ensure that domestic pricing in the depot is up to date and in line with new policy (i.e. price breaks)
- Effecting deliveries as soon as possible and in a safe and courteous manner
- Entering and maintaining customer commercial rebates as required
Marketing and Brand Development:
- Implementing brand development plan with Depot Manager and Business Development Manager
- Organising and measuring external promotional events with retail partners
- Linking with Marketing Department to develop promotional campaigns
- Working with other depots in the region on external promotional campaigns to drive sales during the winter period
Debtors: Keep the level of debtors as low as possible by:
- Attending meetings with the Regional Credit Control Manager and ensuring any action as required is taken.
- Identifying bad payers from the debtor’s list and tackling them before they become a real problem.
- Contacting customers by phone on a regular basis to collect outstanding amounts.
- Encouraging customers to pay by credit card or COD for their domestic delivery
- Assisting Depot Manager in all administrative duties
- Following up with drivers on fleet and operational procedures
- Sending pricing details to key customers daily
- Responsibility for truck dipping and fleet management
Safety & Security: To ensure that staff work in a safe and secure environment and that we conduct our business in a safe manner by:
- Arranging for all cash handling to be carried out in line with company procedures.
- Bringing to the attention of management any deficiencies in safety or security and making recommendations where appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
- Numerical Skills
- Computer literate in particular MS Excel and Word.
- Strong business acumen
- Previous sales experience
- The candidate will have a lot of interaction with customers and staff alike and should be outgoing, assertive, decisive and capable of dealing on a one-to-one basis with other people.
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Desire to work in team environment
Interested candidates should apply by sending an up to date Curriculum Vitae to: HR Department, Tedcastles Oil Products, Promenade Road, Dublin 3 or to [email protected].