Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned company specializing in the refining and marketing of finished energy products, with operations throughout Ireland, Eastern Canada and New England. Our company is known for its commitment to customer service, safety, environmental responsibility and our contribution to the communities where we live and work.
Top Oil, our Irish Sales & Marketing business, became part of the Irving Oil family in 2019. Headquartered in Dublin, Top Oil provides a true end-to-end solution – from port to pump and all the points in between, ensuring the best quality product for Irish industry, businesses, farms, homes and motorists across 32 counties.
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Permanent Oil Tanker Driver. The position is based in Top Oil Sligo Depot.
If you hold a current C Licence, ADR/Hazchem qualifications and are customer service focused, motivated and enthusiastic and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Primary Purpose of the Role:
To load, transport and deliver oil in a prompt, professional and safe manner in accordance with Company and legal standards. To ensure truck and maintenance schedules/paperwork are completed accurately and on time.
- To provide all customers with a safe and professional service in accordance with company delivery procedures
- Drive your vehicle is a courteous and safe manner with regard to other road users and in accordance with road legislation and company policies and procedures
- Load/unload your vehicle safely in accordance with Company procedures and legal standards.
- Deliver oil to customers in a safe efficient manner in accordance with Company procedures.
- At all times handle oil giving due care and regard to the environment.
- Complete the drivers stock reconciliation sheet on a daily basis
- Complete daily and weekly vehicle checklists as required
- Ensure all cash received from customers is crosschecked with your daily reconciliation sheet and handed into the depot daily
- At all times carry out all operational aspects of job with regard to documented company policies, procedures and safety information contained in the Drivers Handbook and other Company documents
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a current C Licence
- ADR / Haz Chem certificate are essential
- CPC Certificates would be advantageous but not essential as we will organise the relevant training for you.
- Experience in the Logistics / Freight or Ideally Oil industry is desirable but not essential
Personal Characteristics, Knowledge & Skills
- Strong customer service skills and professional demeanour.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to follow Health and Safety regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work harmoniously with people at all levels within the organisation
For more information and an immediate interview please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.