Oil Tanker Driver – Ballina
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Permanent Oil Tanker Driver. The position is based in Top Oil, Crossmolina Road, Ballina Co. Mayo. If you hold a current HGV licence, ADR certificate and relevant CPC Certificates, are customer service focused, motivated and enthusiastic and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Oil Tanker Driver
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Primary Purpose of the Role: To load, transport and deliver oil in a prompt, professional and safe manner in accordance with Company and legal standards. To collect payments as required from customers for deliveries received and to ensure truck and maintenance schedules/paperwork are completed accurately and on time.
- To treat all customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- To provide all customers with a safe and professional service in accordance with company delivery procedures
- Maintain good relations with existing customers
- Promote the company, service and products at all times
- Be alert to sales opportunities and pass relevant leads to the Depot
- Drive your vehicle is a courteous and safe manner with regard to other road users and in accordance with road legislation and company policies and procedures
- Ensure the best care and use of the Company’s vehicle and equipment
- Report vehicle defects to supervisor immediately
Vehicle Loading And Delivery:
- Load/unload your vehicle safely in accordance with Company procedures and legal standards.
- Deliver oil to customers in a safe efficient manner in accordance with Company procedures.
- At all times handle oil giving due care and regard to the environment.
- Load your vehicle taking into consideration delivery route and load distribution required for each day.
- Report any spillage immediately to your supervisor, attempt to contain the spillage in accordance with Company standards
- Complete the drivers stock reconciliation sheet on a daily basis
- Complete a loading docket for each loading to your truck
- Dip vehicle tanks daily or as required and ensure all stock figures are accurate and correct
- Ensure all delivery dockets are kept in an orderly fashion and handed into the office at the end of each day
- Complete daily and weekly vehicle checklists as required
- Read the Company Drivers Handbook carefully and follow the guidelines as required
- Complete detailed written incident reports
- Ensure all cash received from customers is crosschecked with your daily reconciliation sheet and handed into the depot daily
- At all times carry out all operational aspects of job with regard to documented company policies, procedures and safety information contained in the Drivers Handbook and other Company documents
- Avoid loss or damage to goods or property
- Participate in all company training and awareness programmes
Experience and Knowledge:
- Must hold a current HGV licence, ADR certificate and relevant CPC Certificates
- Experience in the oil industry is desirable but not essential
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Oil Tanker Driver will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, they are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- You enjoy dealing directly with customers and your instinct is to make sure your customers are satisfied and are comfortable making sales or approaching potential customers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- You choose to work safely.
Skills and Abilities
Our driver will possess all of the following:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Problem Sensitivity & Critical Thinking — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not necessarily involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time productively.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Control Precision— The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls and operations of a machine, equipment or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Far & Near Vision— The ability to see details at a distance and to see details at close range (with prescription glasses if necessary).
- Multi-limb Coordination— The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Reaction Time— The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Balance – Having a good balance is important in everything we do. Muscle strength, vision, sensory perception, and hearing are all things that contribute to our ability to balance.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
Tedcastle Oil Products is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org