Marketing Executive – Dublin
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Marketing Executive. The position is based in our Head Office in EastPoint Business Park. If you have great organisational skills, strong IT skills, attention to detail and are ambitious, looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience and work towards the next step in your career in a really busy Marketing Department, Please apply!
Title: Marketing Executive
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Primary purpose of the role: To effectively support the marketing function through administration, digital content and development of the marketing brand and support the rollout of the Marketing and promotional plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote the Top Oil brand internally and externally through coordination of activity with advertising, social and online in line with brand guidelines.
- Support Marketing & Communications Manager on requirements as requested.
- Support our wider team with requirements in line with marketing plan.
- Coordinate the production of collateral in line with brand guidelines and budget constraints.
- Drive consistency in the brand and act as a brand ambassador for all marketing requirements.
Social Media / Online:
- Monitor and coordinate all social media channel activity in line with the social media plan, keeping content up to date, balanced between competitions, regions and engaging content. Targeted frequency of posts.
- Monitor posts and respond appropriately, monitor outside office hours where required.
- Update website with relevant news / promotions / content to reflect and in line with other business activity.
- Foster and develop collaborative working in advising and supporting the delivery of the digital marketing agenda, which is aligned to the Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- Be a champion of online communications and ensure that a proactive and open communications culture is promoted and sustained throughout the Organisation.
- Provide creative ideas for marketing content and assist in the management of the Top Oil brand, ensuring that all digital marketing and communication activities reflect the brand, and its associated mission, vision, purpose, values and goals.
- Be the Administrator for the department’s online systems and manage user accounts.
- Liaise with Marketing, IT and system vendors to maintain and develop appropriate systems.
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with agencies and vendors.
- Working knowledge of MS office, Excel etc., Google Ad Words/Analytics, SEO, Indesign is essential.
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required by management to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Update online activity and online order analysis and develop monthly reports for key stakeholders to review activity.
- Prepare online newsletters and promotional emails and organise their distribution through various channels and gather analytics on success.
- Acquire insight in online marketing trends, monitor competitor social media, websites and email newsletters and keep on file best practice.
- Track, monitor and create timely reports that include analysis and tracking across the digital portfolio to measure performance of digital marketing efforts.
Launches / External Activity:
- Coordinate design requirements with suppliers to ensure collateral development is in line with budgets and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure any external activity is completed effectively and attend where appropriate to gather social media content. Ensure de brief of launches are completed with images to coincide. Work to always improve launches and use innovative ways to represent the brand.
- Coordinate and monitor analysis of all campaign or project activity from activation through to redemption.
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
Experience and Knowledge
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- 3rd level qualification in Marketing, Digital Marketing or associated discipline experience.
- 2-3 years proven experience as Marketing Support or similar role within the energy sector or comparable, multi service organisation.
- A proven track record of developing and delivering successful digital marketing campaigns within the sector or comparable, complex organisation.
- Experience in design, direction and oversight of digital marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience of managing a website, CMS and digital platforms.
Sales and Marketing: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Business Acumen: Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the Top Oil businesses.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Marketing Executive will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Marketing Executive will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking, Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with focus on positioning Top Oil in the most effective way.
Skills and Abilities
The Marketing Executive will possess all of the following attributes:
- IT: Excellent IT & Design applications skills: MS office, Excel etc.,Moz, Google Ad Words/Analytics, SEO, Indesign.
- Communications: A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
- Attention to detail: Managing timelines against quality of work and focus on making every element of the marketing request the best it can be.
- Performing Administrative Activities: Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Working Abilities: Good interpersonal skills and a strong ability to work on own initiative while also working in a team environment. Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Full Driving Licence required – role may include visiting Depots & forecourts and attending weekend events on occasion
- Ability to work beyond stated working hours in contract of employment when required.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]