HR Manager – Head Office
Top Oil has a vacancy for a HR Manager. Variety is the spice of life in this busy HR department and you will be involved in the full range of HR activities. You could be helping to make recruitment decisions in the morning and guiding a manager as to what will help to motivate their team in the afternoon. Building lasting great performance is at the heart of everything you do.
Title: HR Manager
Reporting to: Head of HR
Direct Reports: HR Generalist, HR Administrator and 2 Receptionists
General Purpose of Role:
HR Manager required for multisite service sector. To provide guidance advice and support to Managers and Staff on Human Resources matters including employee relations, recruitment and selection, termination, training, remuneration, discipline, grievances, performance management and appraisals. There are approximately 300 staff (2/3 based regionally throughout the Republic of Ireland) which includes a unionised environment based in Shannon.
- Manage the Human Resources function to ensure efficient management of the employee life cycle
- Manage recruitment and selection for key vacancies
- Management of Employee Relations issues as they arise and coaching performance with line managers as required
- Ability to manage all aspects of employee matters
- Management of employee issues arising, such as leave of absence, illness, family bereavement in liaison with Employee Assistance organisation and line managers
- Manage the annual appraisals process & annual remuneration review
- Collation and coordination of training requirements and organising the necessary programmes, internal and external. Support team development through coaching.
- Managing all employee matters with regard to Depot Acquisitions
- Liaising with the Company’s legal representatives on various employee related issues.
- Co-ordinate as required on HR projects including the ongoing engagement initiatives
- Supporting line management/supervisors through the development and implementation of HR Best Practice.
- Monthly reporting on department and business KPI’s
- Manage Reception function, including two part-time staff
- Management of the HR team including recruitment, training and performance management
- Fostering an engaged culture where staff feel that they are part of a team and that their efforts on behalf of the company are appreciated
- Developing an atmosphere where the staff feel comfortable in approaching you about concerns or ideas or suggestions that they may have
- Identifying training needs, delivering training where appropriate or ensure that staff are booked onto company training programmes
- Holding check in meeting with your staff regularly
- Adhering to company HR policies including payroll reporting, managing discipline and employee relations
HR Audit & Compliance
- Responsibility for ensuring that HR policies, practices and procedures serve their intended purposes
- Systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes
- Develop and check on HR policies compliance to ascertain level of compliance and communicate to higher management with recommendations on corrective or employee processing improvements
- Review payroll processes to ensure compliance with internal HR Information and documentations requirements
- Extract relevant HR data from HR records systems and interpret datato assist in planning and developing human resource management decisions used for staffing, productivity and training
- Review and update Employee Handbook as required
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience & Qualifications – A proven track record in a HR Manager role with a minimum of three years’ experience. Minimum Graduate / professional CIPD membership or its equivalent is expected. Full clean driving license with own car is required as some travel required on ad hoc basis to depots
- Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment & selection, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations and HR systems
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of the processes involved in HR Administration organisation and planning, project management, database management and managing files and records, and the coordination of people and resources
- Process Oriented – Systematic and consistent approach. Attention to detail is your touchstone
- IT – Excellent IT Skills to include Microsoft with previous experience with HR Systems. Advanced Excel an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The Human Resources Manager will possess all of the following skills and abilities;
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally.
- Judgment and Decision Making – An effective decision maker and problem solver with sound judgement who is able to consider the relative negative and positive outcomes of decisions and actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data.
- Resolving Conflict and Negotiating with Others – Handling complaints, settling disputes and resolving grievances and conflicts or otherwise negotiating with people using strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively and comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.
- Change Management – Actively and positively assisting staff and management through change.
- Confidentiality – discretion and an ethical core are essential due to the highly sensitive nature of the job.
Tedcastle Oil Products is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this vacancy, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org