HR Generalist – Head Office, Dublin
HR Generalist required for multisite service sector. The HR Generalist will support the HR Manager, providing generalist support and assisting with all aspects of the HR function and day to day HR duties. There are approximately 270 staff (200 based regionally throughout the Republic of Ireland).
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the HR Manager to provide support to the depot staff as required.
- Supporting line management/supervisors through the development and implementation of HR Best Practice.
- Supporting the recruitment process by advertising roles, screening applications, arranging and carrying out interviews, medical and reference checking etc. right through to issuing of contract of employment, ensuring best practice and governance is adhered to at all times.
- Acting as a champion of the Performance Management process including supporting the annual performance review process.
- Coordinating and assisting in all employee relations matters and drafting of any associated documentation.
- Supporting the HR Manager in the identification of training needs and delivery of training within the organisation for all employees as required in line with the business objectives, including arranging and co-ordinating the HR Induction Programme.
- Supporting the HR Manager in Policy documentation and development and review of the Company Handbook, Policies and Procedures in line with legislation and Company policy.
- Responsibility for Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes within the business.
- Engaging in specific HR Projects with the HR Manager and carrying out ad hoc administrative duties as required.
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience & Qualifications – A proven track record in a HR Generalist role with a minimum of two years’ experience. CIPD membership or its equivalent is expected. Other relevant qualifications in areas such as training, psychology etc. would be welcome. Full clean driving license with own car is required as some travel required on ad hoc basis to depots (appropriate mileage will be paid).
- Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment & selection, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations and HR systems. Detailed knowledge of Irish employment law.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of the processes involved in HR Administration organisation and planning, project management, database management and managing files and records, and the coordination of people and resources.
- IT – Excellent IT Skills to include Microsoft with previous experience with HR Systems. Advanced Excel an advantage.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the HR Generalist will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- As an HR Generalist, you may often find yourself supporting – and even challenging – managers as they lead their teams.
- A strong relationship builder who is able to use their excellent interpersonal and coaching skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the HR Generalist will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Confidentiality, discretion and an ethical core are essential due to the high sensitive nature of the job.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
Skills and Abilities
The Human Resources Generalist will possess all of the following skills and abilities;
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Judgment and Decision Making – An effective decision maker and problem solver with sound judgement who is able to consider the relative negative and positive outcomes of decisions and actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data.
- Resolving Conflict and Negotiating with Others – Handling complaints, settling disputes and resolving grievances and conflicts or otherwise negotiating with people using strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively and comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.
- Change Management – Actively and positively assisting staff and management through change.
Interested candidates should apply by sending an up to date Curriculum Vitae to: HR Department, Tedcastles Oil Products, Promenade Road, Dublin 3 or to [email protected].