Head of Terminal Operations
Responsibility for general terminal operations, budget management and the successful implementation of all terminal projects at the Company operated oil storage terminals. Responsibility for the shipping and supply chain management of all products from point of entry to point of exit in Dublin terminal.
- Responsibility for the relationship with all regulatory bodies to ensure appropriate levels of compliance.
- To continue to promote and implement a culture of work practices focused on health, safety and compliance with all regulatory regimes.
- Budget management & cost control of departments, locations and projects within your control to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Provide support in the coaching and development of management and employees, providing constructive feedback and support and ensuring that all staff are fully aware of their duties and responsibilities and are sufficiently trained to perform their roles well.
- Implement and manage projects and programmes as assigned.
Company Operated Terminals
- Working with the management team to ensure the efficient and safe management of company operated terminal locations in line with company and legislative requirements
- Manage and control the safe storage and movement of product within the terminals to the highest regulatory standards in a cost effective manner
- Ensure the appropriate support, training and guidance of the management team for competency in their roles.
- Look for continued improvement and efficiencies where possible.
- Access the resources and support as required to ensure the locations are well managed
- Continue to support the relationship with NORA to ensure continuity and profitability of the operation
- Similar to above, working with the management team ensure the efficient and safe management of Company operated Terminal locations in line with Company and legislative requirements
- Make suggestion to improve the commercial and business development of the business
- Working with the management team ensure the effective management, tendering and negotiation with suppliers to ensure an effective partnership for Top Oil
- Having identified key partners in conjunction the management team to plan and implement commercially sensible projects on a scheduled basis
- Troubleshoot issues as and when they arise and take appropriate learnings from the project for future activity
- Undertake realistic analysis to interpret information for future plans
- Manage the inventory levels at Dublin Terminal to ensure continued supplies of oil products to meet customer demand.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory Biofuels Obligation Scheme
Familiarity with relevant industry standards and comprehensive knowledge of COMAH and ATEX environments.
Ability to provide project and technical leadership to identify, plan and schedule engineering and design tasks as required.
Demonstrated background in working with regulatory partners and solid understanding of legislative requirements
Proven terminal management experience is essential
Proven leadership skills; the ability to lead people and get results through others.
Demonstrated ability in negotiations with third parties
Ability to handle difficult and high pressure situations
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME