Group Financial Controller
Job Title: Group Financial Controller
Reporting to:Group Finance Director
Location: EastPoint Business Park (currently Promenade Road, Dublin 3)
Tedcastle Holdings is the group holding company of Top Oil and other related subsidiary companies. The Company is a family-owned Irish company which is ambitious and growing. We are a leading player in the fuel distribution industry in Ireland – supplying all communities – past, present and future. Experience has taught us well and we have stood the test of time supplying our customers through the good and the turbulent times for over a century.
We provide a true end-to-end solution – from port to pump and all the points in between, ensuring the best quality product for Irish industry, businesses, farms, homes and motorists across 32 counties.
The bedrock of our success is our committed team. You could say it is all about the people, the people who work with us, our customers and those we look forward to serving in the future. We pride ourselves on being personable and on building long term, lasting relationships to the benefit of everyone.
Primary Purpose of Job:
Tedcastle Holdings has a vacancy for a Group Financial Controller reporting directly to the Group Finance Director. This person will work closely with the senior leadership in the company and will supervise a small finance team of a large private company to produce financial reporting, management accounting and treasury-related information for the group finance function. Strong financial experience in a similar role is required.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities Include:
- Group management accounts, monthly
- Group consolidation, monthly
- Group Board papers, bi-monthly
- Treasury reporting and cashflow analysis for the group
- Working Capital analysis
- Taxation returns including corporation tax, VAT and Intrastat
- Annual Budgets
- Annual Audit
- Group Tax planning
- Group Risk assessment via Risk Register and Internal Audit
In particular, the responsibilities of the group finance function include:
- Complete month end checks on all group entities
- Production of monthly trial balance and consolidated group accounts and reporting pack for management/Board purposes
- Provision of key management information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis including budget versus actual variance analysis
- Provision of cash flow analysis, working capital and treasury reporting
- Monitoring of profit by legal entities to support effective tax rate calculation and compliance, including ongoing tax planning
- Complete CSO, VAT and intrastat returns for the group operating entities
- Management of annual audit process and complete statutory accounts
- Preparation of annual group budget
- Liaise with the banks to provide relevant financial returns and on group funding programs
- Assist with ad hoc special projects
- Maintenance of the Risk Register and Internal Audit Process
Competencies and Requirements
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience & Qualifications – A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record of at least 6 years post qualification experience with 2 years working as a financial controller or at a similar level. Prior experience of a HO finance function would be an advantage. Any other relevant qualifications in business or finance or law are desirable.
- Technology Skills – Advanced knowledge of MS Excel. JDE accounting systems experience advantageous but not essential.
- Financial Skills – Strong grounding in accounting fundamentals, including IFRS standards, and in-depth experience in the maintenance of balance sheets and income statements.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of the processes involved in organisation and planning, project management & resource allocation.
- Corporate Governance – Company secretarial, corporate governance and group structures experience would be helpful.
- A self-starter, comfortable working on their own initiative with a willingness to take on responsibilities
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Continuous improvement ethos
- Capable of dealing directly with senior management, advisers and Board members
Skills and Abilities
- Communications – Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data.
- Complex Problem Solving and Critical / Analytical Thinking – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to identify correct solutions. Capacity to have the drive and leadership to implement ideas to successful conclusion.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time, thoroughness in completing work tasks with an ability to prioritise and manage workloads Ability to manage relationships and engage with multiple demands on your time.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND
ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]