Group Financial Accountant – Dublin
Tedcastle Holdings has a vacancy for a Group Financial Accountant reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller. They will assist a small finance team of a large private company to produce financial reporting, management accounting and treasury-related information for the group finance function. Strong financial experience in a similar role is required
Job Title: Group Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Group management accounts, monthly
- Group consolidation, monthly
- Group Board papers, bi-monthly
- Treasury reporting and analysis for the group
- Taxation returns including corporation tax, VAT and Intrastat
- Annual Budgets
- Annual Audit
- Group Tax planning
In particular, the above responsibilities shall include:
- Preparation and posting of journal entries, maintaining and reconciling high impact ledger accounts
- Complete month end checks on all group entities to ensure that there are no issues before they are consolidated and liaise with operations accounting teams
- Preparation of monthly trial balance and consolidated group accounts (including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, analysis and commentary) and reporting pack for Head Office management/Board purposes
- Changes to consolidation system master-file and maintain control documentation
- Preparation of key management information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis including budget versus actual variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly cash flow analysis, working capital and treasury reporting
- Monitoring of profit by legal entities to support effective tax rate calculation and compliance, including ongoing tax planning
- Complete CSO, VAT and intrastat returns for the group operating entities
- Preparation of annual statutory audit and complete statutory accounts for Head office entities. Liaise with auditors on the audit of these entities
Competencies and Requirements
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience & Qualifications – A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record of at least 3 years post qualification experience. Prior experience of a HO finance function would be an advantage. Any other relevant qualifications in business or finance or law are desirable.
- Technology Skills – Advanced knowledge of MS Excel. JDE accounting systems experience advantageous but not essential.
- IFRS – Understanding and practical experience of IFRS standards an advantage.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of the processes involved in organisation and planning, project management & resource allocation
- A self-starter, comfortable working on their own initiative with a willingness to take on responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail is at this person’s core.
- Continuous improvement ethos.
Skills and Abilities
- Communications – Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data.
- Complex Problem Solving and Critical / Analytical Thinking – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to identify correct solutions.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time, thoroughness in completing work tasks with an ability to prioritise and manage workloads
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
To apply for this position please send your CV to [email protected]