Distribution Support Co-ordinator
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Support Co-ordinator in our Distribution department. The position is based in our Head Office Top Oil, Promenade Road, Dublin 3. If you have great organisational skills, strong attention to detail and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Distribution Support Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As part of the Dublin Distribution Office team, help to ensure an efficient and seamless order to cash experience for our bulk fuel order customers throughout the island of Ireland through the accurate entry of orders, the provision of timely advice and the thorough and accurate reconciliation of depot stock.
Assist in maintaining our depot network stock levels at the optimum levels to maintain and grow our island of Ireland business.
Assist the business to ensure tachograph and vehicular compliance with all relevant internal and external standards and legal obligations.
Ensure that all relevant paperwork is correctly recorded, stored and filed and is compliant with all legal and internal reporting requirements.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all relevant TOP Oil health and safety processes and procedures.
- Update the TOP Oil HSE database with details of Distribution-related incidents, accidents and alerts.
- Assist in the investigation of said incidents as required
- Process phone and email orders from Customers for delivery by our haulage partners or collection by our customers.
- Liaise with Contract hauliers re.: routing and scheduling of orders
- Monitor stock level gauges at company managed sites and organise replenishment deliveries to these site.
- Liaise with Credit Control for clearance of orders.
- Proactively liaise with customers on order-related issues.
- Become a super user of the terminal’s gantry order management system through building knowledge and experience
- Reconcile the movements of stock through Dublin Terminal against deliveries to and collections by our customers and partners on a daily basis.
- Maintain up to date records of Dublin terminal’s stock reconciliations.
- Provide support to the business to ensure compliance of the fleet to regulatory, legal and maintenance requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external bodies on periodic audits.
- Monitor and advise on driver tachograph compliance
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required ensuring the smooth running of the depot.
Please note that the execution of duties may require occasional travel. The role will also require some weekend availability.
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience in an administrative or role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Business Acumen – Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the TOP Oil businesses.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Distribution Support Co-ordinator will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Distribution Support Co-ordinator will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic. You recognise how your role and the roles of others impacts on the provision of services and the completion of tasks- you see the bigger picture and are recognised as a team player.
- You possess excellent organisational abilities, carefully balancing the urgent with the important, without detriment to either.
- You take ownership of issues as appropriate, and see those issues through to conclusion, demonstrating the willingness to go the extra mile to do so.
- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Excellent IT Skills and numerical ability.
Skills and Abilities
The Distribution Support Co-ordinator will possess all of the following attributes:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
- Performing Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
Tedcastle Oil Products Unlimited Company is an equal opportunities employer
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to [email protected]