Depot Supervisor, Kilkenny
Supervise the depot teams to ensure the smooth running of the depot on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities will include staff and/or driver supervision, processing and administration, ensuring proper stock and cash procedures are in operation. Involvement in account reconciliations, credit control and drivers queries.
- Manage the staff to ensure that they are adequately trained and capable of performing their roles.
- Fostering an atmosphere where the staff feel comfortable in approaching you about concerns or ideas that they might have.
- Maintaining a proper level of discipline and adhering to employee relation’s procedures.
- Making the staff feel that they are part of a team and that their efforts on behalf of the company are appreciated.
- Identifying areas where training is needed and ensuring training is organised e.g. JDE training, phone skills, driver training.
- When necessary arranging cover for administration staff/drivers that may be ill or on holidays.
- Working closely with the drivers to ensure smooth running the depot deliveries.
- Keeping the Depot Services Manager aware of any issues as they arise.
- Recording holidays and absenteeism and emailing data monthly to Human Resources.
- Administration and Processing
- To ensure month-end close off is completed fully and on time each month
- To ensure the bank reconciliation is completed on time and that all discrepancies have been investigated
- To ensure all other administration is completed fully and in a timely manner
- To investigate discrepancies in figures where necessary.
- Receipting in cash from customers
- Receipting in cash and CC for depot & retcom sites
- Reconciling the Retcom cash accounts daily
- Investigating any discrepancies
- Completing a daily lodgement for depot and yard
- Entering and applying cash to the correct customer account
- Entering discounts & credit notes
- Setting up new domestic customer
- Checking customer pricing / customer balances
- Entering fuel orders
- To ensure all incoming calls are handled in an efficient manner
- To deal with the public both by phone and in person
- Ensure that all customer queries are dealt with and resolved
- Dealing with all customers account queries
- Understanding the drivers stock sheet
- Completing the daily depot reconciliation sheet
- Completing the stock reconciliation on the JDE
- Querying any discrepancies that may occur
- Monitoring drivers sheets to ensure daily dips are completed by the drivers and highlighting any issues directly to them
- Debtors: Keep the level of debtors as low as possible by:
- Working with the Regional Credit Control Manager and Depot Supervisor to ensure any action as required is taken.
- Identifying bad payers from the debtor’s list and tackling them before they become a real problem.
- Contacting customers by phone on a regular basis to collect outstanding amounts.
- Encouraging customers to pay by credit card or COD for their domestic delivery.
- Completing Bank Reconciliation
- Completing purchasing orders
- Completing cheque requisitions
- Coding purchase orders
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the depot.
Relationship with other Jobs: Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
Job-Related Characteristics & Experience:
Skills – Excellent I.T. skills with advanced Excel
Strong Numerical Ability
Customer Service focused
Strong Time management Skills
Disposition – The candidate will have a lot of interaction with customers and staff alike and should be outgoing, assertive, decisive and capable of dealing on a one-to-one basis with other people. You will be motivated, persistent, proactive and enthusiastic while remaining courteous and professional.
Communications – Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally.
Management of People – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
At least 2 years previous supervisory experience is essential for this busy role
Previous oil industry experience or similar an advantage
Full driving licence required. Appropriate mileage will be paid for any travel.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME