Depot Forecourt Administrator – Thurles – 24 Hours Contract
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Depot Forecourt Administrator. This is a fixed term contract and the successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 24 hours per week. The position is based in Top Oil, Ballycurrane, Cabra Road, Thurles Co. Tipperary. If you have great organisational skills, strong attention to detail and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Depot Forecourt Administrator
Reporting to: Depot Support Manager
Primary Purpose of the Role: To ensure all yard sales activities are completed promptly and correctly while delivering excellent customer service. To assist in the smooth running of the depot on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities will include processing and administration, ensuring proper stock and cash procedures are in operation. Involvement in account reconciliations, credit control and drivers queries.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- To deal with customers in a friendly, efficient and helpful manner and be the main point of contact for fuel payment
- Address customer queries/complaints to a friendly and efficient manner, escalating problems as and when required
- To ensure all yard sales activities are carried out efficiently including price displays, cash handling, and daily yard reconciliation
- To complete the necessary Health and Safety procedures
- Maintain the general upkeep and appearance of the forecourt – Ensuring pumps are kept clean at all times
Administration and Paperwork
- To ensure month-end close off is completed fully and on time each month
- To ensure the bank reconciliation is completed on time and that all discrepancies have been investigated
- To ensure all other administration is completed fully and in a timely manner
- To investigate discrepancies in figures where necessary
- Receipting in cash from customers
- Receipting in cash and CC for Retcom sites
- Reconciling the Retcom cash accounts daily
- Investigating any discrepancies
- Completing a daily lodgement for depot and yard
- Entering and applying cash to the correct customer account
- Processing visa card transactions
- Entering discounts
- Entering credit notes
- Allocating credit notes
- Ensuring on line order entry is the primary method of order entry
- Setting up new domestic customer
- Checking customer pricing / customer balances
- Entering fuel orders
- To ensure all incoming calls are handled in an efficient manner
- To deal with the public both by phone and in person
- Ensure that all customer queries are dealt with and resolved
- Dealing with all customers account queries
- Receiving payment from customers
- Maintaining good relations with existing customers.
- Ensure that all customers are dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure pumps are working correctly and kept clean
- Report all incidents at the pumps including drive off’s
- Investigate on a daily basis any discrepancies on cash or stock
- Any cash losses must be investigated and explained
- Understanding the drivers stock sheet
- Completing the daily depot reconciliation sheet
- Completing the stock reconciliation on the JDE
- Querying any discrepancies that may occur
- Monitoring drivers’ sheets to ensure daily dips are completed by the drivers and highlighting any issues directly to them.
- Effecting deliveries as soon as possible and in a safe and courteous manner.
- Fostering an atmosphere where the staff feel comfortable in approaching you about concerns or ideas that they might have.
- Maintaining a proper level of discipline and adhering to employee relation’s procedures.
- Working closely with the drivers to ensure smooth running the depot deliveries
- Recording holidays and absenteeism and emailing data monthly to Human Resources.
Keep the level of debtors as low as possible by:
- Working with the Regional Credit Control Manager and Depot Supervisor to ensure any action as required is taken.
- Identifying bad payers from the debtor’s list and tackling them before they become a real problem.
- Contacting customers by phone on a regular basis to collect outstanding amounts.
- Encouraging customers to pay by credit card or COD for their domestic delivery
- Completing purchasing orders
- Completing cheque requisitions
- Coding purchase orders
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required ensuring the smooth running of the depot.
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
Experience and Knowledge
Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience in an administrative or role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
Sales – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Business Acumen – Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the TOP Oil businesses.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Depot Forecourt Administrator will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Depot Forecourt Administrator will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Excellent IT Skills and numerical ability.
Skills and Abilities
The Depot Forecourt Administrator will possess all of the following attributes:
Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
Performing Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com