Depot Administrator/CSR – Dublin Depot
We are a family-owned Irish oil company, dedicated to serving our customers across Ireland. We provide a true end-to-end solution, this means delivering quality from our tank to yours whether in industry, businesses, farms, homes or in your vehicle.
The bedrock of our success is our committed team. People are our passion, this ranges from the people we work with, our customers and those we look forward to serving in the future. We pride ourselves on being personable and on building long term relationships that last. Our DNA lies in the communities we have grown from over the past 200 years, from cities to rural heartlands. It is those communities that are important to us. We are driven each day to offer our customers more than just a product, we offer an experience and a brand that you can trust. For more information visit our linkedin page here
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Depot Administrator. The position is based in our Dublin Depot Top Oil, Promenade Road, Dublin 3. If you have great organisational skills, strong attention to detail and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Depot Administrator/CSR
Reporting to: Depot Manager – Dublin
Primary Purpose of the Role: To assist in the smooth running of the depot on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities will include processing and cash management, while ensuring proper stock procedures are in operation. Involvement in account reconciliations, credit control and drivers queries.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- First point of contact on the phones ensuring all incoming calls are handled in an efficient manner
- Actively converting price quotation queries into sales
- Ensure that all customer queries are dealt with and resolved in a timely manner
- Maintaining good relations with existing customers
- To ensure month-end close off is completed fully and on time each month
- Carry out administration in relation to customer transactions including sales order entry, customer payments, credit collection along with cash & stock reconciliations
- To ensure the bank reconciliation is completed on time and that all discrepancies have been investigated
- To investigate discrepancies in figures where necessary
- Receipting in cash from customers & completing a daily lodgement
- Entering and applying cash to the correct customer account
- Entering discounts & credit notes
- Completing the daily depot reconciliation
- Querying any discrepancies that may occur
- Monitoring drivers’ sheets to ensure daily dips are completed by the drivers and highlighting any issues directly to them
- Effecting deliveries as soon as possible and in a safe and courteous manner
- Working closely with the drivers to ensure smooth running the depot deliveries
- Contacting customers by phone on a regular basis to collect outstanding amounts.
- Encouraging customers to pay by credit card or COD for their domestic delivery
- Ensuring on line order entry is the primary method of order entry
- Setting up new domestic customers while the customer is on the phone ensuring data is accurate and complete
- Actively targeting lapsed customers on a daily basis
- Following up on sales calls that aren’t converted first time
- Up selling to all customers in terms of drop size and products
- Increasing new customers by a targeted number per month
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required ensuring the smooth running of the depot
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience in an administrative or role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Depot Administrator will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Depot Administrator will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Excellent IT Skills and numerical ability.
Skills and Abilities
The Depot Administrator will possess all of the following attributes:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com