Customer Service Representative – Cork
Top Oil has a vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. The position is based in Top Oil Cork, Grange Terrace, Ovens, Co. Cork. If you are customer service focused, motivated and enthusiastic and have strong attention to detail and multitasking skills and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Customer Service Representative
Reporting to: Office Supervisor
Primary Purpose of the Role: To assist in the smooth running of the depot on a day-to-day basis by working primarily on the telephone on both inbound and outbound domestic calls. Responsibilities will include telesales and customer care, involvement in credit control phone calls and co-ordination with reps and drivers to ensure excellent customer service in all areas of the sale.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- First point of contact on the phones ensuring all incoming calls are handled in an efficient manner
- Actively converting price quotation queries into sales
- Ensuring that all customer queries are dealt with and resolved
- Maintaining good relations with existing customers
- Ensuring on line order entry is the primary method of order entry
- Setting up new domestic customers while the customer is on the phone ensuring data is accurate and complete
- Checking customer pricing / customer balances while customers are on the phone
- Actively targeting lapsed customers on a daily basis
- Following up on sales calls that aren’t converted first time
- Up selling to all customers in terms of drop size and products
- Actively taking part in initiatives to generate prospects
- Increasing new customers by a targeted number per month
- Encouraging customers pay by credit card or COD for their domestic delivery
- Contacting customers by phone on a regular basis to collect outstanding amounts.
- Follow up with all new customers within one week to complete customer service audit
- Regular contact with key accounts to maintain good relations and create loyalty
- Carry out administration in relation to customer transactions including sales order entry, customer payments, credit collection
- Carry out cash & stock reconciliations and other admin duties on an as required basis
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required ensuring the smooth running of the depot.
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience in an customer service role or role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Sales – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Business Acumen – Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the TOP Oil businesses.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Customer Service Representative will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Customer Service Representative will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Be courteous, professional and persistent.
- Excellent IT Skills and numerical ability.
Skills and Abilities
The Customer Service Representative and Office Administrator will possess all of the following attributes:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
- Performing Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]