Customer Service Representative – Cavan – 3 month Temporary Role
Top Oil has a fixed term vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. The position is based in Top Oil, Cloverhill, Co. Cavan. If you are customer service focused, motivated and enthusiastic and have strong attention to detail and multitasking skills and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Customer Service Representative
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Primary Purpose of the Role: The focus of the role is primarily on the telephone on outbound customer data maintenance calls. As a secondary responsibility in this role, support on both inbound and outbound domestic calls will be required. Responsibilities may also include co-ordination with reps and drivers to ensure excellent customer service in all areas of the sale.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Conduct outbound data protection compliance campaigns in keeping with daily call targets
- Accurately log marketing preferences
- Actively convert price quotation queries into sales
- Ensure that all customer queries are dealt with and resolved
- Maintain good relations with existing customers
- Ensure on line order entry is the primary method of order entry
- Set up new domestic customers while the customer is on the phone ensuring data is accurate and complete
- Check customer pricing / customer balances while customers are on the phone
- Carry out administration in relation to customer transactions including sales order entry, customer payments, credit collection
- Carry out cash & stock reconciliations and other admin duties on an as required basis
- To complete ad hoc administration duties as required ensuring the smooth running of the depot.
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience in a customer service and data processing role, or contact centre or similar role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Sales – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Customer Service Representative will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Customer Service Representative will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Be courteous, professional and persistent.
- Excellent IT Skills and numerical ability.
Skills and Abilities
The Customer Service Representative will possess all of the following attributes:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Service Orientation – Actively look for ways to help people.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not necessarily involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
- Performing Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
Tedcastle Oil Products (Top Oil) is an equal opportunities employer
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]