Accounts Payable Specialist (Fixed Term) – Dublin
Top Oil has a vacancy for an Accounts Payable Specialist in our Accounts department. The position is based in our Head Office Top Oil, Promenade Road, Dublin 3. If you have great organisational skills, strong attention to detail and are looking for an opportunity to further your career, please apply!
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Primary Purpose of the Role: To work as a part of the Accounts Payable team, to ensure timely processing of all supplier invoices in line with month end timelines. To work with both suppliers and internal staff to ensure adherence to the AP procedures. To deal with supplier queries in a timely and effective manner to bring outstanding payments to a satisfactory conclusion.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assigned purchase invoices are processed, correctly coded and paid in an efficient and timely manner
- Preparing monthly creditors reconciliations.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and related journals.
- Assisting in the preparation of month end overhead accruals.
- Update monthly accounts payable KPI reports.
- Provide suitable cover for processing and payment of employee expenses.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal departments on queries as requested.
- Supplier Master Setup & Maintenance.
- Work with Financial Controller to review and update accounts payable documents and procedures.
- reconciliations as required.
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
Relationship with other Jobs
- Operate, at all times, in a customer friendly and supportive way with both customers and staff.
- Work with Finance to achieve departmental goals.
Experience and Knowledge
- Work Experience and Qualifications – A proven track record and experience of at least two years Accounts Payable experience or related role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results.
- Business Acumen – Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the TOP Oil businesses.
- IT – Experience using accounts payable software, preferably ERP. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Accounts Payable Specialist will have the initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role.
- A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A highly motivated self-starter, Accounts Payable Specialist will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards or objectives, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
- Excellent IT Skills and numerical ability.
Skills and Abilities
The Accounts Payable Specialist will possess all of the following attributes:
- Communications – A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
- Processing Information— Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others productively.
- Performing IT & Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks in order to manage your work.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
Tedcastle Oil Products Unlimited Company is an equal opportunities employer
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]