Accountant (6 Month Contract) – EastPoint Business Park
Tedcastles Oil Products has a 6 month contract role for an Accountant reporting directly to the Financial Controller to cover a busy period within the business. They will work with the finance team of a large private company to produce the budgeting and forecasting information for the company. There will be involvement in financial reporting, management accounting and the year-end statutory audit. Strong financial experience in a similar role is required.
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The preparation of the annual budget including, preparation of detailed sales and overhead budgets, summary P & L accounts and phased balance sheets and cash flows
- Preparation of key management information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis including budget versus actual variance analysis
- Assisting with the yearend audit including the preparation of the year-end audit file, review of creditor reconciliations, drafting statutory accounts and other year-end work.
- Other ad hoc items as they arise
Competencies and Requirements
Experience and Knowledge:
- Work Experience & Qualifications – A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record of at least 5 years post qualification experience. Prior experience of a large finance function would be an advantage. Any other relevant qualifications in business or finance or law are desirable.
- Technology Skills – Strong knowledge of MS Excel and JDE accounting systems experience advantageous but not essential.
- A self-starter, comfortable working on their own initiative with a willingness to take on responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail is at this person’s core.
- Continuous improvement ethos.
Skills and Abilities
- Communications – Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data.
- Complex Problem Solving and Critical / Analytical Thinking – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to identify correct solutions.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time, thoroughness in completing work tasks with an ability to prioritise and manage workloads productively.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE AMENDED AND ADDITIONAL TASKS AND DUTIES ADDED FROM TIME TO TIME
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]